Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm still no good at this HTML editing stuff.

Why are default fonts almost always Times New Roman (which is a name that makes absolutely no sense) or Arial?

I'm gonna use Trebuchet, 'cause it's different and named after the only really handy thing the French ever gave to the world. Now all we have is smelly cheeses and cars that fall apart in a matter of months.



So... I'm rambling. I'm taking an communications class this semester, and one of the assignments we were given was a sort of day-to-day or weekly journal to fill out. I would hand write mine but my handwriting is nearly illegible, so I've decided to piggyback onto my premade blogging account and use that- the name works, too, as I'm probably going to mostly be writing late at night.

Not much has happened lately. We've finally gotten around to welding in that end of the building, and it seems like the Comm class is picking up as well. It seems like I've generally been paired up with a nice lady named Crystal Husman- we're both hardcore introverts, so I suspect we'll work quite well together on any future assignments.

Life has been hectic! So crazy. I've been trying like mad to get caught up. My sister has a car that needs work (lol it needs work all the time) and I've got a couple of my own that need attention. I've got a motor I need to finish rebuilding for my other commuter car (a 1991 Toyota Camry that I'm swapping a hot 3S-GE into... gonna be fun!) and my current daily driver - an all-wheel drive Camry sporting the world-famous All-Trac system - needs new rear CV shafts and is making an ugly noise when I turn right at high speeds. I hope it isn't the wheel bearing, as that was replaced all of 1500 miles ago with a very expensive Timken unit. I hope I don't need to spring for a Koyo replacement, though the OEM stuff is very nice.

I've got some homework to do tomorrow and then I get the immense pleasure of sleeping in the car to keep from waking up at some ungodly hour to make it to my Comm class on time. At least I'll be in the nice big Jeep, so I'll have a padded (and flat!) surface to crash out on, unlike in the Camry. I suspect it'll be colder though, what with all the glass and the larger cabin area. Thank goodness my sleeping bag is good to -20* or so, wot wot?

 I'm running out of words, so I'll leave you all with some words of wisdom that an old friend once passed on to me.

It is always better to sit down on a cold toilet seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment